![]() |
| I've been doing some backpacking too. Here's Mt. Baker! |
Back in March, the Reddit account I was using to share these blog posts got banished to the shadow realm after I posted something about the No ICE in Minnesota bundle on itch. Nobody at Reddit ever responded to my appeals or explained exactly why I'd been shadowbanned. But all my posts (and all my many comments, the dumb and the brilliant alike) have been forevermore invisible and unsearchable.
And, annoyingly, I got super discouraged by this! Even at my most active, the posts here that I didn't share anywhere else got maybe 70 or 80 views; the ones that got a good response on Reddit got hundreds, sometimes thousands. When I started the blog, I was sick of social media, sick of the grind of holding people's attention and the Skinner-box fugue state of scrolling. I'm gonna blog, I said! I'm just gonna put my thoughts out into the world a couple times a month and hope that people find them, and I'll be content with that. But, oops, I was not content with that. I went to Reddit to get people's eyes on my posts, and it totally worked and was very satisfying, and then a big dumb bully of a corporation took it away from me and I got all bummed out about it and spent months sulking and not posting. How embarrassing!
Anyway, I live. I breathe. I'm still doing lots of fun game stuff (and reading, and writing, and watching lots of Tony Leung movies, and cooking my way through all of Hetty Lui McKinnon's recipes, and so on and so forth). I've been running a Black Sword Hack game, sporadically, for my old Stars Without Number group (you truly don't appreciate the pandemic-spawned miracle of a game that meets nearly every week for almost five years until it's gone) and Tales of Argosa and Mothership in person with some local friends. I've even been playing D&D 5e again! (But not GMing, thank God.) Gonna post some Mothership stuff, and some Cairn stuff, and probably some Black Sword Hack stuff, and some book reviews, and undoubtedly some political screeds, and I will be happy to have 70 to 80 people stumble across them and read them, goddamnit. (But maybe I'll be more active on Bluesky too. Who knows.)

No comments:
Post a Comment